What’s Included in the Kit!
databot™ comes complete with everything you need to start exploring the hidden world of data immediately!
- databot™ – 1
- 8 GB Micro SD Card – 1
- Micro SD Card Reader – 1
- Mini USB Charging/Coding Cable – 1
- External Temperature Probe – 1
- Industrial Velcro Pad – 1
- Removable Base Plate – 1
- Lanyard – 1
- Soft Shell Storage Case – 1
- All databot™ Curriculum and Modules.
See Tech Specs and Deep Geek for more in-depth information on databot™ and what you can do with it! You are limited only by your imagination!
How to Use databot™
It’s never been easier to engage students with fun, hands on activities. Simply connect databot™ to your iPad, iPhone, Android tablet or phone, or Chromebook using a sensor science app called phyphox. You can literally be up and running with databot™ in just a few minutes! See how in this quick video!
databot™ ships pre-configured to work with an app called Phyphox. Requirements for running this software:
- IOS devices including iPads and iPhones.
- Android devices including smart phones and tablets
- Chromebooks capable of running Android Apps from the Google Play Store
See the setup video on how to use Phyphox with databot™ for more details.
Going Beyond Phyphox – databot is Programmable!
databot™ is pure Arduino based fun. If you aren’t familiar with Arduino, you can take our Intro to Arduino course to learn a little bit about it. There are many ways to talk to databot™ using standard Arduino tools which you can learn about in our setup guide.
- Air Pressure
- Ultraviolet (UV)
- Light (Lux)
- CO2 and VOCs
Speaker for Sound Output
Code databot™ to squeak, beep and chirp based on data it receives.
Programmable Display LEDs
Create interactive light displays or use the pre-built programs to light up databot™ in exciting ways!
SD Card Writer
Log data. You are limited only by the size of your SD card to the data you want to capture!
Mini USB Connection
Charge and program. Simple and efficient – one databot™, one cable.
Wireless transmission of live data using BLE. Visualize real data in real-time on the big screen in the front of the classroom. Play catch with databot™ and watch the numbers!
250 mAh LiPo battery built in. No batteries to purchase, no extra expenses, no hassle. Just pure databot™ fun!
Connect an external temperature probe via 2.5mm stereo jack input. Plug in the included waterproof temperature probe to instantly gain access to live data for chemistry, life science, and environmental studies.
External Analog & Digital Sensors
databot™ LOVES data. The more sensors the merrier so we added this simple 2.5 mm stereo jack input port for connecting additional analog or digital sensors.
Did we say databot™ LOVES data? I2C enables databot to daisy chain hundreds of additional sensors via a 3.5mm stereo jack input.
Built-in case connections for LEGO® and fischertechnik® elements. Connect databot™ to your favorite robot and start running data collection missions!
Also included is a plate for adding a Velcro attachment that enables databot™ to hitch a ride on drones, cars, hot air balloons, bikes, skateboards, pogo sticks and so much more!
Attention geeks, hackers, coders, makers, inventors, and other movers and shakers interested in the nuts and bolts of databot™. Below you will find a quick summary of data and specifications. For in-depth details visit our Deep Geek page.
- I2CMPU-9250I2C: Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) includes Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Gyro, operating temperature. Address (I2C)
- MPL-3115A2I2C: Precision Altimeter for Air Pressure, Altitude, Operating Temperature. Address (I2C)
- SGP-30: Sensirion Gas Platform for CO2/VOCs. Address (I2C)
- SHTC3: Sensirion Digital Humidity Sensor for Humidity and Operating Temperature. Address (I2C)
Light and Sound
- VEML-6075: Ultraviolet Sensor for UVA and UVB. Address (I2C)
- ADMP-401: Omnidirectional Microphone for Sound. Address (A0)
- APDS-9301: Miniature Ambient Light Photosensor for Light (lux). Address (I2C)
- MicroSD Writer: Internal MicroSD Card Writer for Data Storage. Address (I2C)
- HM11 Bluetooth Module: Bluetooth Module for Wireless Communications. Address (I2C)
- DS18B20: Dedicated 2.5mm Stereo Jack provides Waterproof Temperature Probe. Address (D4)
- 2.5mm stereo port: Open A/D 2.5mm Stereo Jack provides Open Expansion for Analog and Digital Sensors. Address (ADC2)
- I2C3.5mm stereo port: Open I2C 3.5mm Stereo Jack provides Open Expansion for I2C Devices. Address (I2C)
- BusBoard LED Strip: Programmable LED Strip includes Programmable Indicator. Address (A3)
- 250mAh LiPo: Internal, Rechargable LiPo Battery is the Primary Power Supply
Shipping & Policies